Monday, October 09, 2006

Three Decades


I see glimpses of you through the trees
Losing my breathe, heart racing, I approach
How incredible, your beauty, power, wonder
The red, brown, green and grey
A rainbow of earth colors
Stepping to your edge
The depth, width and enormity of it all
Taking deep breathes, stealing my breathe away
Taking my soul too, I let you
Giving me the most beautiful feeling in the world
Like love, all encompassing
Staring into the vastness of it all
Placed here by God
Wonderful, peaceful and astonishing
Tears of beauty
You allowed me to be apart of you, your magic
So large, so small at the same time
A pea in a world of giants
You were like my mother
You held me
And I was saved

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

Your poetry and photography mixed together gives both of your artistic gifts more depth