Thursday, October 26, 2006

Felicitous Reward


I witness the mirror cracking around me
Thinking I had finally arrived to only see
It shatter and dissolve before my eyes

My journey isn’t over yet
It may be the moment in time to move on
There is always more to be explored

Continuously standing in my own way
The necessity to just move aside
Permitting the fires of passion to move in

Life isn’t a business to be managed
It should be a mystery to be lived
Giving elation to the skill of being

By keeping it all together
Making sure everything is perfect
I’ve kept the spontaneous away from my door

Now I must be open to what wants to be expressed through me
The past is no more and the future is not yet
Living only for a felicitous reward

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

Wow!

I especially like the following,

"Life isn’t a business to be managed
It should be a mystery to be lived
Giving elation to the skill of being"